Endorsed Nurse Practitioner specialising in Diabetes and Primary Care Credentialled Diabetes Educator Greater Geelong Region
To schedule an appointment please contact me either via phone or email with the my details listed above. Please use the same details if you are an existing client requiring some support.
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune condition in which the immune system is activated to destroy the cells in the pancreas which produce insulin. We do not know what causes this auto-immune reaction. Type 1 diabetes is not linked to modifiable lifestyle factors. There is no cure and it cannot be prevented.
Type 1.5 Diabetes
Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in adults (LADA) is a disorder which, despite the presence of islet antibodies at diagnosis of diabetes, the progression of autoimmune β-cell failure is slow. LADA patients are therefore not insulin requiring, at least during the first 6 months after diagnosis of diabetes.
New to Diabetes
Whether you've been diagnosed yourself, or you are seeking information for family/friends, please have a read of this - or contact me for an appointment.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a progressive condition in which the body becomes resistant to the normal effects of insulin and/or gradually loses the capacity to produce enough insulin in the pancreas. We do not know what causes type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is associated with modifiable lifestyle risk factors. Type 2 diabetes also has strong genetic and family related risk factors.
Find me at these Clinics in Geelong
- Kardinia Health 2/18 Colac Rd, Belmont (03) 5202 9333
- Health E Medical Center 264 Shannon Ave, Geelong West (03) 5223 9900
- Wathaurong 62 Morgan St, North Geelong (03) 5277 2038
- Gateway Plaza 641-659 Bellarine Hwy, Leopold (03) 5250 4566
- Eastbrooke Family Clinic 75 Roslyn St, Belmont (03) 4206 7333
- Corio Bay Medical Center 15 Goulburn Ave, Corio (03) 5274 3212
- Banksia Medical Centre 132 Bellarine Hwy, Newcomb (03) 5248 1299